Unity is a positive path for spiritual living. We honor all paths that lead to enlightenment.
The Five Basic Principles of Unity
1. God is absolute good everywhere present.
2. The Divine Spark is in all people. We are individualized expressions of God. Our divine potential and spiritual essence have been called by many names including the Christ, Buddha nature, the Atman, Ruach, the Great Spirit, Higher Power, and Higher Self.
3. We help to create our reality through the thoughts we hold in consciousness.
4. We become aware of our oneness with God through prayer and meditation.
5. We must put spiritual truth into practice in order to change our lives.
Spiritual seekers often say that finding Unity is like coming home. Unity is an open-minded, accepting spiritual community that honors all paths to God and helps people discover and live their spiritual potential and purpose.
Unity emphasizes the practical, everyday application of spiritual principles to help people live more abundant and meaningful lives.
A positive alternative to negative religion, Unity seeks to apply the teachings of Jesus as well as other spiritual masters. Unity affirms the power of prayer and meditation to help people experience a stronger connection with God every day.
The Unity Movement
Unity is not just one spiritual center. Unity is a denomination, a collective of spiritual centers around the world. Unity publishes books, CDs and magazines including inspirational messages for each day in The Daily Word.
For over 125 years, the Unity movement has provided free 24/7 prayer support called Silent Unity. Silent Unity is a global resource with nineteen prayer centers around the world speaking six languages. You may call Silent Unity at any time: 1-800-669-7729.
Unity also sponsors full-service websites and a 24/7 online radio network:
Although personal and spiritual growth come from within, most people appreciate learning, friendships, support and companionship along the way. Unity is committed to helping you find your way to your own understanding—and experience—of God.
Some Key Concepts
We see Jesus as a Master Teacher of Universal Truths, and as our Way-Shower.
We believe that Jesus expressed his Divine Potential and sought to show humanity how to express ours as well. In Unity, we use the term Christ to mean the Divinity within all of humanity. Jesus is the great example of Christ Consciousness in expression. The Christ is that part of God that is in every person. There is a spark of Divinity within all people, just as there was in Jesus.
Unity co-founders Charles and Myrtle Fillmore studied the Bible as history and allegory, and interpreted it as a metaphysical representation of humanity's evolutionary journey toward spiritual awakening.
Unity recognizes that the Bible is a complex collection of writings compiled over many centuries. We honor the writings as reflecting the understanding and inspiration of the writers at the time they were written. The Bible continues to be a valuable resource for us.
HEAVEN & HELL:
Heaven and Hell are states of consciousness.
We believe that Heave and Hell are not places, but states of consciousness, and that we create our own experiences of Heaven and Hell in the here and now.
The following are some great books to get started in knowing more about Unity (They can be ordered from Amazon.com):
- THE FIVE PRINCIPLES, by Ellen Dabenport
- KEYS TO THE KINGDOM; FIVE FUNDAMENTLS OF TRUTH
- DISCOVER THE POWER WITHIN YOU, by Eric Butterworth
- LESSONS IN TRUTH, by H. Emilie Cady
- THE STORY OF UNITY, by James Dillet Freeman; and,
- BIRTHING A GREATER REALITY, by Robert Brumet