Membership at Unity Center of Tulsa
Our spiritual center’s mission and vision is all about transforming lives and inspiring people to make a positive difference in the world. If this sounds like a purpose you can get behind, you are invited to join our inclusive and diverse spiritual community!
Membership in this spiritual community is an opportunity for you to grow in Spirit. As you pursue your spiritual path, we encourage you to explore what it means to be committed to living universal truths. Membership in Unity is not required, but is encouraged as a way for an individual to commit to his or her own spiritual growth.
Active Members are required to attend services regularly, participate in events, invest their time in service to our spiritual community, attend classes, and contribute their financial gifts to Unity Center of Tulsa. (Please review the Bylaws, Article 4: Members.)
Why consider membership? Becoming a Member confirms to you and your spiritual community that you are committed to living a life of love, abundance, and meaning. It affirms a sense of commitment to personal spiritual growth, ownership of your individual beliefs, and a willingness to make a difference. Additionally, only members can vote on important community matters and governance.
Completion of a Membership Application Form and participation in classes are both required for membership at Unity Center of Tulsa. New Member orientation classes are typically offered two times per year. Membership classes culminate with a sacred blessing from our spiritual community during our Sunday celebration experience on Membership Sunday. If you have been attending Unity Center of Tulsa for a minimum of six months and would like to become a Member, please do the following:
- Read the Mission, Vision, and Core Values. Read the Bylaws of this Ministry here. Then, download the membership application pdf here (or you can stop by our Admin Office to pick one up). Please fill it out and turn it into the office to express your intent to become a member. A member from our Leadership Team will meet with you to support your process.
2. Read one of the following core Unity Books:
- The Five Principles by Ellen Debenport
- The Story of Unity by James Dillet Freeman
- Unity: A Quest for Truth by Eric Butterworth
- Lessons in Truth by H. Emilie Cady
- How to Pray Without Talking to God by Linda Martella-Whitset.
Or, take a core Unity Class on any of the above or: The Five Principles, First Steps to Abundance, Absolute Abundance, Any S.E.E. Class.
- Attend One New Member Orientation Class (select one): Classes are scheduled twice annually. New Members will recognized on during Sunday Celebration after the orientation class.