"I fairly sizzle with zeal and enthusiasm as I leap forth with a mighty faith to do the things that ought to be done by me."
- Charles Fillmore, Co-Founder of Unity writing at 92
There is only One Presence and One Power, God, the Good, Omnipotent.
This truth is at the very heart of Unity. There is only one Presence. There is only God. Therefore, God is omnipresent. This universal presence is an aspect of God. Since God is all, there can be nothing outside of God. There can be no place where God is not. Everything is part of God. Therefore, God is more than omnipresent; God is Omnipresence!
- You can only know the God of your own experience.
- Knowing God is a very simple and natural experience.
Human beings have a spark of divinity within them, the Christ spirit.
Our very essence is of God, and therefore we are also inherently good. Thus, God is individualized in each person and in the universe as the Christ.
- As a wave is part of the ocean, you are part of God.
- You have been created to be the hands, the feet, the voice, the eyes, the ears, and the heart of God.
- You are Spirit, (the Christ presence is within you) it is your true identity.
Human beings create their experiences by the activity of their thinking.
Everything in the manifest realm has its beginning in thought. God operates in the universe according to this law of mind action: "Thoughts held in mind produce after their kind." Everything begins with an idea.
- Your thoughts are the blueprint for your life.
- Your thoughts today create your world of tomorrow.
- Change your thoughts and you will change your world.
- Through the power of your thinking, you are continuously drawing kinds of events into your life.
- You have absolute control over your reactions.
Prayer and meditation are our conscious connection with God.
Prayer is creative thinking that heightens the connection with God-Mind and therefore brings forth wisdom, healing, prosperity, and everything good. Prayer is talking to God. Meditation (the silence) is listening to God.
- Times of prayer provide you with sustenance and renewed strength.
- The reason for praying is more important than the method.
- Your whole life is a prayer, and life-prayers are always answered.
- Having your thoughts, feelings, words, and actions all "in sync" is your strongest prayer.
- Prayer is not to change God. It is to change you.
- In meditation, in the silence, you meet God, you listen to the still small voice of God.
Knowing and understanding the laws of life, also called Truth, are not enough. A person must also live the truth that he or she knows
We must walk the talk, using the spiritual tools of denial and affirmation during daily prayer and meditation time. God can work best when you show your willingness by moving into action.
- Truth teachings must be applied to every situation in your everyday life.
- A desire without action is merely wishful thinking.